It is commonly known by its local names matura tea tree, ranawara or avaram. It is still used instead of tea by local people in mostly in villages. That’s why people in villages are very healthy and strong. Foods and drinks are like medicine for the human body. We must have good control of eating anything.
Senna auriculata is a tree with branches that grow up to three meters high. The leaves are alternate, stipulate, paripinnate compound, very numerous and closely placed. Its flowers are irregular, bisexual, bright yellow and large (nearly 5 cm across), and 2.5 cm long. The fruit is a short legume of 7.5–11 cm long. 12-20 seeds per fruit are carried each in its separate cavity.
The flower, leaves, stem, root, and seeds are used for treatment especially, in Hela Ayurvedic medicine since ancient times.
Uses of Avaram Senna
01. The seeds are used to cure eye diseases.
03. A decoction of the flowers and the seeds is recommended for diabetes.
04. The seeds are used to gonorrhoea.
05. Drinking Ranawara every day will brighten the skin
07. Seeds are used to gout
08. Flowers, roots and seeds are recommended for gastritis
10. Uses as a medicine for the increase of male sexual energy
(You can use these herbs for a long time by drying it.)
Kingdom – Plantae
Clade – Tracheophytes
Clade – Angiosperms
Clade – Eudicots
Clade – Rosids
Order – Fabales
Family – Fabaceae
Genus – senna
Species – S. auriculata
Binomial name– Senna auriculata